Macquarie University Incubator wins major Educational Facilities Awards
Author: David Rowlinson
The Macquarie University Incubator has been declared overall winner of the Learning Environments Australasia’s 11th Annual Excellence in Educational Facilities Awards. The mass timber innovation hub was awarded 2018 Overall Winner from a field of 58 entries from across the Asia Pacific, and is the second year running for Architectus to win the award having picked up the top gong in 2017 for Arts West at the University of Melbourne.
The judges noted that; “the Incubator makes innovators want to be there and users want to innovate, linking the mind and spirit through form. The layout gives users a place to arrive, think, meet and explore ideas.”
The Incubator was also the standout winner of Category 2: New Construction - New Individual Facility over $8 million.
The core mission of the awards is to bridge the awareness of architects and school communities about the interplay between teaching and learning methodology and space by identifying examples of good educational spaces where innovative architectural ideas successfully support an educational philosophy.
Author: David RowlinsonMake it Wood Program Manager
- Biophilic design featured in plans for Western Sydney International Airport »
- His and Her House wins the Interior Fitout - Residential category in the 2019 Australian Timber Design Awards »
- The Seed House wins the Grand Prix at the 2019 Australian Timber Design Awards »
- 8 ways to spring clean sustainably »
- Climate activism empowering youth worldwide »
- Get ready for the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »