Grow a Green Thumb
Author: Brad Gray
Tree Day is all about planting but not everyone has a natural green thumb. So we’ve put together a few How To videos starring Planet Ark ambassadors Ranger Stacey and Costa Georgiadis to help you get ready for the big day.
How to Plant
Do you know how to get a seedling out of its pot, how deep to dig the hole or how often to water the seedling? Check out Ranger Stacey’s video and you’ll learn all you need to know.
The Beauty of Compost
As Costa says, compost is the essential ingredient in organic growing and it’s free. Check one of these two videos to get an idea of how to use a compost or worm farm to make your garden bloom.
Composting at home with Costa.
Costa's Guide to Organics for Schools
There's more where that came from on PlanetArkTV
For more green-goodness check out Planet Ark's very own Tree Day YouTube channel.
Author: Brad GrayBrad was Planet Ark's Head of Campaigns for 10 years. He trained and worked as a history and geography teacher before moving into the health education sector for 14 years. With a strong passion for human environments, Brad started with Planet Ark in 2007 as Recycling Programs Manager.
- Five things you shouldn't put in the recycling bin - ever! »
- 8 ways to spring clean sustainably »
- Local knitting group crafts wattle forest in North Sydney CBD »
- Choose to reuse and get on the Garage Sale Trail »
- Dispatch from Tree Day - Friends of Lake Claremont »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Planting trees for National Tree Day and beyond »