Planet Ark's National Recycling Week (Monday 13 to Sunday 19 November 2017) is the annual opportunity for councils, workplaces, schools and individuals to brush up on their knowledge and become successful recyclers.
Australians are willing recyclers with 90% of us agreeing that it is the right thing to do. However, recycling is a constantly evolving industry, with new initiatives and technologies in continual development which can lead to confusion about what can and can't be recycled.
New research commissioned by Planet Ark in the lead up to our 21st National Recycling Week asks Australians, So You Think You Can Recycle? and illustrates that even the most committed recyclers are making mistakes. Our aim is to clean up that confusion!
There are lots of ways to get involved in National Recycling Week:
- Schools - Take the Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge
- Councils & Community Groups - Use the many education, PR and Activity Guides we've developed
- Workplaces - Host a Friday File Fling
- Households - Find out the truth about recycling and find an event near you
National Recycling Week 2016 was made possible thanks to:
- Major Sponsor: Naturale
- Associate Sponsors: Australian Packaging Covenant, Bingo and 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark'
- Supporting Sponsors: Australian Paper, Flooring Xtra & Dunlop Flooring, and MobileMuster