Planet Ark's National Recycling Week (7th -13th November 2016) is the annual opportunity for councils, workplaces, schools and individuals to brush up on their knowledge and become successful recyclers.
Australians are willing recyclers with 91% of us agreeing that it is the right thing to do. However, recycling is a constantly evolving industry, with new initiatives and technologies in continual development which can lead to confusion about what can and can't be recycled.
Last year's theme All Sorted - Answering the Big Recycling Questions was designed to address seven of the big recycling questions, with the aim of getting ‘recycling sorted’ in Australian homes and workplaces.
There are lots of ways to get involved in National Recycling Week:
- Schools - Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge
- Councils - Use the many education, PR and Activity Guides we've developed
- Workplaces - Host a Friday File Fling
- Households - Find out the truth about recycling and find an event near you
National Recycling Week 2015 was made possible thanks to:
- Associate Sponsors: Australian Packaging Covenant, Bingo and 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark'
- Supporting Sponsors: Australian Paper, Blackmores, Flooring Xtra & Dunlop Flooring, MobileMuster, and Officeworks