To help businesses, government departments, schools and households make the switch to Australian recycled paper, Planet Ark has teamed up with Australian Paper to form the Make it Australian Recycled campaign.
The Make It Australian Recycled campaign aims to:
- show the importance of closing the paper recycling loop by buying it back
- increase the use of locally made, high-recycled content paper
- encourage recycling of office paper
- reduce the amount of waste paper going to Australian landfill
The major catalyst for our partnership was Australian Paper's new de-inking facility at the Maryvale Mill in Victoria. The facility has the ability to greatly increase the production of recycled paper and has the capacity to divert 80,000 tonnes of waste paper from landfill or overseas export each year. Read more.
Introducing Planet Ark Paper
You don't need to compromise on quality to get the best environmental office paper available. You can get bright white copy paper that ticks every box necessary to ensure it is of the highest standard when it comes to protecting our environment and also contributing to the Australian economy.
Why does your choice matter?
- closing the paper recycling loop and diverting waste from Australian landfill
- reducing your carbon footprint
- supporting the Australian economy, providing local green manufacturing jobs and offsetting the environmental costs of importing paper from overseas
- choosing high quality printing paper with great environmental performance
- supporting our other campaigns such as National Recycling Week and National Tree Day
- proving to others that recycled paper is now as high quality, bright white as non-recycled paper