Bin Trim Round 4 open for applications
Author: Claire Bell
Applications are now open for round four of Bin Trim, a NSW Government Waste Less Recycle More initiative supporting businesses to avoid, reuse and recycle its waste.
About Bin Trim
- The Bin Trim Program is the largest business recycling program of its type in Australia.
- Since its inception, the Program has engaged with more than 29,000 businesses.
- This has resulted in an average increase in the recycling rate of 15% for participating businesses.
- 49% of engaged businesses have reduced the amount of waste it sends to landfill.
- The Program has assisted businesses to collectively divert a total of over 70,000 tonnes of waste from landfill.
Grants of between $50,000 and $300,000 are available to councils, groups of councils, industry, consultancies and not for profit organisations for projects that provide free waste assessments, tailored actions plans and access to equipment funding to support businesses to reduce the amount of waste they send to landfill.
Bin Trim round four applications are open until 28 February 2020.
Visit the EPA website for guidelines, application forms, and further information.
Interested applicants can contact the Bin Trim Team by email at email@example.com or phone the Environment Line on 131 555.
Author: Claire BellClaire is Planet Ark's Recycling Campaign Manager. After working in the communications industry and raising a young family, she joined Planet Ark to follow her passion for helping the environment.
- Officeworks releases latest sustainability report »
- 8 tips to remember your reusable cup »
- Sustainability goes mainstream »
- Building a circular economy in 2020 – KeepCup’s hopes and ambitions for the next decade »
- BPA in thermal paper officially banned in the European Union »
- Aussie businesses recognising “business as usual” is not an option »