Sustainable printing? Yes, it is possible!
Author: Claire Bell
Whether you’re at home, the office or at school, hopefully, you’re doing your best to be kinder to the planet by reducing your resource use and recycling what you can.
Small actions can make a big impact when it comes to the environment. By taking a look at all areas of the home or office to try and reduce our consumption, reuse what we can before we recycle and then rebuy products with recycled content, we can change our daily behaviour for the better.
For many of us, printing is still necessary at times. To make this activity as sustainable as possible we’ve come up with five tips to better printing:
1. Only print when it’s essential to do so and print on both sides of the paper.
2. Reuse any paper printed on one side as scrap paper or make notebooks.
3. Use 100% Australian made recycled office paper such as Planet Ark Paper.
4. Recycle all office paper once used, think about hosting a Friday File Fling to get good quality paper back into circulation by recycling.
5. Recycle used printer cartridges with Cartridges 4 Planet Ark.
For more ideas on how to reduce your environmental impact check out our business checklist.
Author: Claire BellClaire is Planet Ark's Recycling Campaign Manager. After working in the communications industry and raising a young family, she joined Planet Ark to follow her passion for helping the environment.
- Mulpha wins approval for timber office building in Norwest »
- Sustainable leadership at Planet Ark »
- Businesses urged to cease use of till receipts containing potentially harmful chemicals »
- Based in Victoria? Update your details ahead of the e-waste to landfill ban »
- Thank you for participating in the Business Recycling User Survey »
- Planet Ark meets Australia's new environment minister »