Consumers choose Planet Ark as Australia's most ethical and sustainable organisation
Author: Josh Cole
Australia’s leading Consumer Trends Report focusing on sustainability and health (LOHAS 6) has found that Planet Ark is the brand most reputed to operate in a ‘responsible, sustainable, environmentally friendly or ethical manner’.
The survey of over 2,500 Australians chose Planet Ark without prompting as No 1 ahead of some impressive international competitors including Greenpeace, Fairtrade, The Body Shop and Tesla.
Reaching first place is the culmination of Planet Ark’s long held trust amongst Australians who have placed it in the top four in the previous five surveys.
LOHAS 6 also found that the Planet Ark logo enjoys 87% brand recognition, confirming its status as a household name.
"It’s a heartening acknowledgement of our work encouraging positive environmental actions over the past 26 years to see Planet Ark receive such strong recognition from the Australian public. We understand, however, that we need to do all in our power to continue to deserve that trust," said Paul Klymenko, Planet Ark’s CEO.
The Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability (LOHAS) market has grown over 150% in the last decade to $30.5 billion. This reflects a growing demand among Australian consumers for more sustainable options. Planet Ark endorses a number of these products and services such as:
- Aware laundry detergents
- Naturale toilet tissue and paper towels
- Orange Power cleaning products
- Australian Paper’s recycled office paper range
- Woolcool sustainable packaging alternative to polystyrene
- Planet Ark Power commercial solar
- Toyota's hybrid range
Planet Ark also supports a range of environmental programs and services including:
- Bingo Industries’ waste and recycling services
- Detpak’s RecycleMe coffee cup recycling system
- MobileMuster’s mobile phone recycling program
- Nespresso’s coffee pod recycling options
- Paintback’s paint drop off program
- TechCollect’s e-waste recycling
Planet Ark wants to thank our partners, sponsors and endorsees who fund much of our work and help us build trust with the Australian community.
For more information about Planet Ark’s products and services, get in touch via email@example.com or to explore possible partnership opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or to purchase the LOHAS 6 report visit Mobium’s website.
Author: Josh ColeJosh comes to Planet Ark after a stint in legal communication and from a background in print journalism. He studied Communications and Media as a mature age student in Wollongong where he re-discovered his love for the natural environment.
- Dutch and Australian foundations join forces for a circular economy »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Coffee complacency »
- NSW launches new innovation network for circular economy »
- Scottish council harnessing energy from wastewater for heating »
- How about some takeaway without the throwaway? »
- English couple creates a recycling centre in their own driveway »