How to become a bulk recycling collection point for Nespresso
Author: Lacey-Mai Shea
The 2018 National Recycling Week report showed us that over 90% of Australians believe recycling at home is the right thing to do. So, how can workplaces demonstrate their responsibility to ‘doing the right thing’ for their employees? One way to demonstrate the business’ commitment to the environment is to offer convenient recycling options for everyday items.
Above and beyond the usual office supply recycling programs, many companies now offer consumer and business recycling programs to conveniently benefit both parties with a central drop off location. A good example of this is Nespresso’s Bulk Recycling collection program.
Through Nespresso’s recycling program, used capsules are collected and sent to the recycling facility in Nowra, NSW. After being separated, the used coffee is sent to an organics facility to be transformed into compost and the aluminium is sent back to the industry to produce new products.
Setting up a recycling collection point in your workplace can make a simple difference by educating others on the recyclability of everyday items such as aluminium coffee capsules.
Here’s how it works:
- Order a bulk recycling kit– Simply call 1800 623 033 and order your complimentary kit.
- Collect capsules – The box can hold up to 1,500 capsules. Make the most of your Nespresso Bulk Recycling collection point by recycling your Nespresso Professional capsules from the office and by inviting your whole workplace to bring in their used Nespresso capsules from home.
- Return for recycling – Arrange a complimentary pick-up online.
By choosing recyclable products in the office, such as Nespresso portioned coffee, you are providing a second life for both your coffee and its aluminium capsule.
If you’re looking for a coffee solution for your workspace, contact Nespresso Professional on 1800 182 206 or visit www.nespresso.com/pro.
Find out more about other recycling systems in the workplaces in our No Brainer Checklist.
Author: Lacey-Mai Shea
- WA’s first timber-framed office tower approved »
- Mulpha wins approval for timber office building in Norwest »
- Sustainable leadership at Planet Ark »
- Based in Victoria? Update your details ahead of the e-waste to landfill ban »
- Thank you for participating in the Business Recycling User Survey »
- Sustainable printing? Yes, it is possible! »