Planet Ark's flagship recycling info service is getting a makeover
Author: Josh Cole
After 11 years RecyclingNearYou is getting a facelift and going mobile.
If you want to know where to recycle everything - from aerosol cans to x-ray films - it’s been as easy as visiting RecyclingNearYou.com.au since November 2006.
But time and technology move on, and with the support of partner Bingo Industries, Planet Ark has decided to catch up. As of March 28, RecyclingNearYou will become smartphone and tablet friendly, enabling Australians to recycle right, on the go.
The new website will be getting a total visual makeover, which will make it easier to use and easier on the eye.
Looking back, it hasn’t always been questions about paper or plastic that the site has solved, some stranger queries were on how to recycle:
- Unused wine
- False teeth
Whatever your recycling question is, simple or strange, the revamped website will go live on March 28. In the meantime, all the info you need can still be found at RecyclingNearYou.com.au.
- Visit RecyclingNearYou.com.au before and after the relaunch!
- Call the National Recycling Hotline on 1300 733 712
Subscribe to Positive Environment News
Positive Environment News has been compiled using publicly available information. Planet Ark does not take responsibility for the accuracy of the original information and encourages readers to check the references before using this information for their own purposes.
Author: Josh ColeJosh comes to Planet Ark after a stint in legal communication and from a background in print journalism. He studied Communications and Media as a mature age student in Wollongong where he re-discovered his love for the natural environment.
- China announces plastic bag ban »
- The Mexican go-getters with a new spin on vegan leather »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Maintaining hope during tragedy »
- All-Indigenous firefighting crews to aid in bushfire recovery and prevention »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Benefits of shopping small »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Continuing the festive spirit »