4 Ways to Make the Business Case for Less Waste
Author: Ryan Collins
Australian businesses who don't recycle or optimise their waste management face unnecessary losses which can directly impact their bottom line, their position in the market, and staff morale. Every year in Australia, businesses generate over 12.5 million tonnes of waste. Almost half of that waste goes to landfill despite estimates that approximately 70% can be reused or recycled. So how can you make the business case for less waste?
Author: Ryan CollinsRyan is the Head of Sustainable Resource Programs at Planet Ark. After nearly a decade working in the banking and finance industry Ryan was drawn to a career in environmental conservation that saw him work in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Fiji. With a background in psychology and environmental management, Ryan’s role at Planet Ark since 2012 has been focused on developing engaging and positive environmental behaviour change programs to help everyone recycle and reduce waste.
- Sustainability goes mainstream »
- Building a circular economy in 2020 – KeepCup’s hopes and ambitions for the next decade »
- BPA in thermal paper officially banned in the European Union »
- Aussie businesses recognising “business as usual” is not an option »
- WA’s first timber-framed office tower approved »
- Mulpha wins approval for timber office building in Norwest »