Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job!
Author: Debbie Agnew
These lucky 16 coordinators are the winners of our Tree Day Results Promotion and recipients of a Canon PowerShot Camera (valued at approx $300 ea and featured above):
- Lisa Keefe, Leaning Tree Community School (WA)
- Merise Blackburn, City of Canning (WA)
- Denise Gibb, Malak Primary School (NT)
- Joe Hewett, Nganmarriyanga Community School (NT)*
- Hayley Sander, Cribb Street Childcare Centre (QLD)
- Dallas Malins, Queensland Camping & Conference Centre (QLD)
- Pamela Matthews, Murwillumbah High School (NSW)
- Carolyn Adamcewicz, Blacktown City Council (NSW)
- Aisling Skilton, Crace Early Learning Centre (ACT)
- Hugh Hanna, Bethanga Landcare Group (ACT)
- Matthew Pavey, Latrobe Special School (VIC)
- Alan Dawson, City of Greater Geelong (VIC)
- Jo Saunders, Mt. Pleasant District & Kindy (SA)
- Gavin Smith, Keep SA Beautiful Road Watch – Murray Plains Volunteers (SA)
- Jane Edler, Northern Christian School (TAS)
- Prue Wright, Exeter Girl Guides (TAS)
Close to 900 coordinators entered the drawing by providing their results by the 30 August deadline. A school coordinator and community coordinator were randomly drawn in each state and territory. In Northern Territory two schools were chosen as no public sites submitted their results in time for the competition.
Canon Australia sponsored the promotion to encourage National Tree Day and Schools Tree Day Coordinators to return their results and post-event survey. The results are used to continually improve Tree Day and provide an accurate national snapshot of environmental and community outcomes achieved.
In line with Canon’s corporate philosophy, Kyosei, living and working together for the common good, Canon came on board as a National Tree Day supporter in 2014. Canon identified Tree Day as a way to engage their people in helping to improve the local environment. This year more than 800 seedlings were planted by Canon employees around the country.
Photo of Canon Australia’s employee planting for National Tree Day. Yusuke Mizoguchi, Managing Director – Canon Australia (centre) with employees from their HQ in Sydney’s Macquarie Park