Community Garden Competition
Author: Hasmukh Chand
This National Tree Day, Planet Ark and Toyota are giving you a chance to WIN a $7,500 garden makeover for your local community. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to bring some nature into your local area.
Whether it is a herb garden, or a vertical garden or some colourful natives, it is up to you to decide.
To enter the competition, all you have to do is;
- Enter the competition by completing the entry form. Planet Ark will use this information to register your community garden or nature care group project as an official National Tree Day site.
- Post a National Tree day photo on your Facebook and/or Instagram with #NTD2016
- Tell us in 25 words or less, how $7,500 from Toyota would assist your nature care community garden project!
"The most creative and inspiring entry will win!"
Through this 17-year National Tree Day partnership, Planet Ark and Toyota have planted over 23 million trees. Over the past few years, research conducted by Planet Ark and sponsored by Toyota Australia has shown the many benefits of spending time in nature. For example, our latest research Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment - found that just 10 minutes a day surrounded by natyre can make us feel better.
Good luck with your entries! We look forward to seeing your creative ideas and how the garden transforms your commuity.
Author: Hasmukh ChandHasmukh joined Planet Ark to support the National Tree Day campaign in 2016. He has a wealth of experience working with other great environmental organisations, as well as a degree in environmental science. Hasmukh also volunteers with the SES and continues to support other environment groups as a volunteer.
- Planet Ark's National Recycling Week 2018 recap »
- Planet Ark endorses Detpak's new coffee cup recycling system »
- New National Construction Code to increase demand for timber products »
- How to become a bulk recycling collection point for Nespresso »
- The Penrith CLT building at the forefront of sustainable design »
- Planet Ark announces media partnership with Australian Circular Fashion Conference »