Inspirational teachers share their story on improving student performance (CPD points)
Author: Hasmukh Chand
On the 16th June, Planet Ark and Cool Australia hosted their very popular Grounds for Learning Teachers Webinar. The webinar offered a wonderful opportunity where teachers learned how they could use Schools Tree Day to grow key learning areas across the Australian curriculum and EYLF for childhood educators, primary teachers and seondary teachers.
Schools Tree Day is the largest nature care event in Australian schools. Last year, nearly 2500 schools across Australia participated in Schools Tree Day in recognition of the benefits of nature-rich learning environments to children. The benefits to children include;
- Boost in learning capacity
- Increased creativity
- Increased problem solving abilities
These benefits, and many more, are well supported in recent research published by Planet Ark and sponsored by Toyota.
Missed the Grounds for Learning Webinar? You can watch the webinar below and hear the insiprational stories from our panel members and find some wondeful ideas about how you can participate in School Tree Day.
Author: Hasmukh ChandHasmukh was part of the National Tree Day campaign in 2016. He has a wealth of experience working with other great environmental organisations, as well as a degree in environmental science. Hasmukh also volunteers with the SES and continues to support other environment groups as a volunteer.
- Local knitting group crafts wattle forest in North Sydney CBD »
- Dispatch from Tree Day - Friends of Lake Claremont »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Planting trees for National Tree Day and beyond »
- Looking for ways to fight climate change? Plant trees »
- Winners of the Schools Tree Day competition »
- Tree talk - Tree sisters »