Mother's Day green gift ideas
Author: Sara McGregor
Mother’s Day is a wonderful day to show your mum you care, but the hype and commercialism around the day can be overwhelming!
All most mothers want is to spend quality time with their children and families, so here are some ideas that won’t break the bank or the planet:
- Plant a tree together, or gift her a plant in a pot that can keep on growing at home.
- Buy her an experience, like lunch out, a facial or a massage.
- Ask her what she wants so your gift won’t end up disused and dusty in a cupboard.
- Give her a reusable coffee mug or water bottle – they look great and help counteract the enormous amount of waste generated by single use cups and bottles.
- Offer to do something nice for her, like household chores you wouldn’t normally do or cook her a fancy meal at home.
- Give her a voucher to an eco store where she can pick what she’d like from sustainable and fair trade products.
- Make her breakfast in bed - bonus points for organic free range eggs!
- Organise a picnic lunch with the family.
- The easiest and best thing of all: Tell her you love and appreciate her!
Happy Mother’s Day!