Maleny Wood Expo 20th Anniversary
Author: David Rowlinson
Maleny Wood Expo is designed to promote sustainable use of our beautiful native timbers through the work of local and regional wood artisans. The Expo is now recognised as one of the best wood shows in Australia. Join them for three days of clean country family fun at the beautiful Maleny Showgrounds.
2016 will be the 20th anniversary of the expo, which is hosted by Barung Landcare, a not-for-profit community group. Any surplus from the event goes towards keeping the Barung Landcare office open for the wider community, on-ground environmental projects, and landholder environment education - all of which results in restoring and enhancing the natural environment of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Author: David RowlinsonMake it Wood Program Manager
- 8 ways to spring clean sustainably »
- Planet Ark Power presents at the 24th World Energy Congress »
- How one school in Queensland is saving 40% on their energy bills »
- WA’s first timber-framed office tower approved »
- Gillies Hall at Monash Uni goes for gold at Melbourne Design Awards »
- Mulpha wins approval for timber office building in Norwest »