Best Fling Ever
Author: Ryan Collins
For Planet Ark's National Recycling Week 2015, a record number of organisations including businesses, councils, community groups and schools joined in the Friday File Fling. Unused paper files across the country were turned back into a valuable resource whilst more than twice as many workplaces as last year were decluttered.
Based on the reported results, it is estimated over 40 tonnes of old files were recycled or 730 wheelie bins (240L). This equates to saving:
- enough energy to power a CFL bulb for 1,467,483 hours, or over 167 years,
- over 14,800 L of water,
- over 26 tonnes of carbon emissions, and
- over 176,000 L of landfill space!
Don't forget to make sure you close the recycling loop by switching to Australian made high-recycled content office paper.
- Important green dates for the 2019 school calendar »
- Australia's tallest engineered timber office building opens »
- Freo backs six-storey timber office building »
- Are you a recycling guru? »
- 4 things you didn't know about Tetra Pak cartons »
- Take the journey with us from Waste War to Recycling Reboot »