Trim Your Waste
Author: Ryan Collins
NSW small to medium enterprises (SMEs) have the opportunity to share up to $50,000 worth of Bin Trim rebates to help them become more cost-effective and environmentally aware when it comes to waste management. SMEs which have embarked on the program to date have reduced waste management costs by an average of $3,000 per year.
To be eligible for the rebate, an SME must undertake a free waste assessment by an approved Environment Protection Authority assessor and develop a waste-reduction action plan. If the assessment concludes that recycling equipment will help divert more waste from landfill, the SME can then apply for a rebate to cover half its capital costs of acquiring the small scale recycling equipment.
For more information visit epa.nsw.gov.au/bintrim and check out the Bin Trim case study video below of a manufacturer that is saving $50,000 a year!
Author: Ryan CollinsRyan is the Head of Sustainable Resource Programs at Planet Ark. After nearly a decade working in the banking and finance industry Ryan was drawn to a career in environmental conservation that saw him work in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Fiji. With a background in psychology and environmental management, Ryan’s role at Planet Ark since 2012 has been focused on developing engaging and positive environmental behaviour change programs to help everyone recycle and reduce waste.
- Mulpha wins approval for timber office building in Norwest »
- Sustainable leadership at Planet Ark »
- Based in Victoria? Update your details ahead of the e-waste to landfill ban »
- Thank you for participating in the Business Recycling User Survey »
- Sustainable printing? Yes, it is possible! »
- Australia's tallest timber building to top-up Melbourne Central »