All the staff at Planet Ark want to say a huge thank you to the many individuals, schools, councils and workplaces and to our partners, sponsors and supporters who have helped us create so much positive change in 2016.
Some of the many highlights from this year include:
- Engaging a record 219 Toyota Dealers and hundreds of thousands of people to plant more that a million trees and shrubs on National Tree Day.
- Reaching more that 33 million cartridges diverted from landfill though ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’
- Generating over $1 million worth of positive PR and media coverage educating Australians about the dos and don’t of recycling for National Recycling Week and making it easy for hundreds of thousands of households and businesses to find local services though RecyclingNearYou and BusinessRecycling.
- Supporting the adoption of wood encouragement policies, which are now in place in nine councils and about to be enacted in two states.
- Helping to make the use of recycled office paper mainstream in Australian workplaces with the launch of the 100% recycled, Australian made, FSC certified and carbon neutral Planet Ark Paper.
- Helping Australian shoppers make better environmental decisions by endorsing Aware and Orange Power cleaning and laundry products and by launching our new endorsement of the 100% recycled Naturale Toilet Tissue products.
We encourage you to find out more about these campaigns and we look forward to working with you to create even more positive actions in 2017.
From the Team at Planet Ark,