Planet Ark has teamed up with Australian Paper to form the Make It Australian Recycled campaign. The campaign focuses on encouraging paper buyers right around the country, whether that’s households, schools, government or businesses, to not only recycle their paper waste but to buy it back and use locally made high recycled content papers.
The Make It Australian Recycled campaign aims are to:
- show the importance of closing the paper recycling loop by buying it back
- increase the use of locally made, high-recycled content paper (50% or more)
- encourage recycling of office paper
- reduce the amount of waste paper going to Australian landfill
The major catalyst for our partnership with Australian Paper was their new state of the art de-inking facility at the Maryvale Mill in Victoria.
The facility has the capacity to divert 80,000 tonnes of post-consumer waste paper from landfill or overseas export each and greatly increase the production of high-quality, bright white recycled paper for Australians to use. Read more here.
Why does your choice matter?
- closing the paper recycling loop and diverting waste from Australian landfill
- reducing your carbon footprint
- saving resources (water, energy and virgin paper pulp) in the production process
- supporting the Australian economy, providing local green manufacturing jobs and offsetting the environmental costs of importing paper from overseas
- choosing high-quality printing paper with great environmental performance
- supporting our other environmental campaigns such as National Recycling Week and National Tree Day
- proving to others that recycled paper is now as high quality, bright white as non-recycled paper