Look Who's Recycled 30 Million Cartridges
Author: Ryan Collins
Well done Australia! We've just reached a MASSIVE milestone - 30 million cartridges collected through 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' since the program began in 2003!!
In terms of environmental benefits, you've helped us divert over 13,100 tonnes of cartridges from landfill, as well as significant water, energy and resource savings as a result of the recycled materials being used in other products.
'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' provides free recycling for individuals and workplaces. New and innovative products such TonerPave™ (a new type of road surface that uses recycled toner in its manufacture), eWood® and rulers are all made from recycled printer cartridges.
In partnership with the participating manufacturers, Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta and Kyocera, and resource recovery partner Close the Loop, this voluntary extended producer responsibility program is one of the most successful of its kind in Australia, contributing to the global circular economy.
To help us reach our target of 31 million cartridges recycled by March 2016:
- Find a free drop off point near you and tell your friends and family, or
- See if your workplace can become a collection point at no cost.
Author: Ryan CollinsRyan is the Recycling Programs Manager at Planet Ark. After nearly a decade working in the banking and finance industry Ryan was drawn to a career in environmental conservation that saw him work in Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Fiji. With a background in psychology and environmental management, Ryan’s role at Planet Ark since 2012 has been focused on developing engaging and positive environmental behaviour change programs to help everyone recycle and reduce waste.
- You made June our Biggest Month Ever! »
- A Quick Recycling Guide To 3 Tricky Items »
- Selfie Challenge Winners »
- Printage Cartrij? Printer cartres? Printer Cartridges? »
- Reimagining Rubbish as a Resource »
- Selfie Challenge - #WhatsNotToLove »
- Electrify Recycling »
- What's In a Label? »
- Is it Gold For Australia? »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »